Thursday, March 12, 2015

30 days of being a father

She came into my arms a few days before I was expecting her. And the first time, I was very scared to hold her. She was probably fast asleep, and I didn't want to wake her up. May be she would cry out loud if I disturbed her, and I still didn't know how to soothe a crying baby. Although I wanted to hold her, I wasn't sure if I was ready yet.

My wife asked me to bring the baby nearer to her. I was scared, and I tried not to let anyone else know. I hesitated. She smiled and said, "It's OK. Even I am scared". And then I picked her up, as slowly as I could, trying my best not to wake her up. And after a few seconds, she was in my arms, still asleep, and that was a feeling which I would never be able to express. And from then on, I realized, I was already ready to be a father.

It's been a month now. She is doing great. So is her mom. And I am doing great as well, as a father. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment