Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Why Do I BLOG !!!

Everyday I wake up, thinking "What should I blog about today"? In the search for a topic, I try to go back into my past, into my childhood or college days. I am in constant lookout for a topic, almost everywhere. While driving, at office, at home, while eating and before sleeping. I think I am addicted to blogging. But is this just an addiction? Really? Well, I have been addicted to Cigarettes once. But this addiction is certainly of a different kind. Sometimes, when my search for topics do not take me anywhere, I hijack other peoples' blogs to find one. I know it's not nice. But, seriously, I am addicted.

I try to keep my blog updated. If I am not blogging about anything, I try to search for some old pics from the lot I have on my hard drive, which I could upload and write a short description, just for the sake of keeping my blog updated. I jump in joy whenever I receive a comment on one of my posts and make it a point to reply to it almost immediately. When there's no one commenting on my blog, I visit a lot of blogs and comment on their posts in the hope of getting a comment or two in return. I tweet about my new posts. I buzz them too.

So here comes the big question. Why do I blog?

  • To beat Kunal at his blogging frequency. I think I will beat him this year. At this point in time, I have a considerable lead. :)
  •  Want to be a pro-blogger. Well, every blogger wants to be one. Just write some crap(pun intended) and earn $$$$.
  • A hobby perhaps. My other hobbies like music, sketching, painting and gaming have been overshadowed by the tech-driven hobbies.
  • It's nice to blog. Of late, I have seen many people mentioning their blog address in their resumes. A lot of companies have their own blogs and encourage people to write some articles. It's all about bringing traffic to their websites. I also have a tech blog on Android which I would like to promote here.:) Android Tips for Developers.
  • It feels good when people appreciate your thoughts and comment on your posts. You always want to have more of them.
  • I guess everyone wants to be heard. Blogging is a great platform to achieve that.
I am feeling sleepy now. So, people, I am eagerly waiting for your comments. Ah, don't worry, I will approve your comments as you post. I carry my phone all the time. I am an "ADDICT".

8 comments:

  1. wow...to beat me is the first reason you write a blog. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was the primary reason for some time in the past. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, blogging is a good kind of addiction. Even if it takes over your life then you can be sure it will not empty your pockets - maybe even fill them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Sakhi: As with any addiction, it takes away your time. They haven't started filling my pockets yet. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hostels mainly regularly supply you with sheets but you should convey your own, just in case.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Protection is maybe the prevalent problem to attend to when supervising a hostel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A good quality hostel will be all set to tender a fresh and relaxed bed for travelers.

    ReplyDelete