Saturday, January 1, 2011

Twenty 10 >>>>>> Twenty 11

YEAR
A few minutes... All those tweets and facebook status updates will become a thing of the past. 2011 is already knocking. I can hear people bursting crackers outside. My phone is already busy beeping. And there's a lot of noise outside. There's one guy, who pinged me exactly at 12:00, to wish me. His message read: "HNY". And somebody is sending me an e-greeting and forcing me view it right away. Mom and Dad called us on my sister's phone from upstairs to wish us both a Happy New Year. I can see so many people online on Gtalk and Facebook, just like I me, everyone changing their status messages to wish the world. Wow, That's a great beginning, I guess.

Had I been in Bangalore when the calendars changed, the atmosphere would have been completely different. At-least, it would have been far more noisier than here in Bhubaneswar, though I can hear a few people outside, wishing the world, at their loudest. I would have been among friends. We would also have celebrated yesterday in office. But, being at home, on such occasions is quite a different experience, among the people you have know since you were born.

Remembering the past 2010, it wasn't actually long for me. Oh, And if I remember correctly, I was in Bhubaneswar 3 years back, celebrating my new year in a similar fashion. I guess, that was in, 2008, Jan 1st. For the 2009, 1st Jan, I was in Chennai. For 2010, I was in Bangalore. Hmmm, That's strange, seems, like my next new year is designed to be celebrated in Chennai again. :(

Well, let's not think anything about the future yet. It's party time, enjoy, have fun, get ready to start afresh and be happy. Wish you all, a very very Happy New Year, and may all your wishes be fulfilled.

Talking about resolutions, Ummm..... I don't have one. If anyone of you already has one, believe me, it never works!!!! So, go ahead, and have a blast. And since it's a holiday(for most of us), I will enjoy even more. By the way, I am on leave till 12th of January, 2011. YIPEEEE!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Yeah right resolutions never work, but still I have 1 - I wanna take as many leaves from office as possible.
    Plz dont be so technology dependent - being in same home, mom dad still have to give u a call :P
    Happy New Year to you too..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year, Dude.
    Resolutions are necessary. Even, only to remind us that they are there. Its hope of fulfillment than the fulfillment itself that drives us. :)
    Hoping for a better start to 2011.
    All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Resolution??? Why on new year day? Find some day and just say I have to do it...
    Yeah Vidushi is right, spend some time away from your tech world and enjoy life a lil with world.

    Wishing you a great year ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. why would u be in chennai next new yr??? About resolution, u seriously need to take up a lots of them...i have taken up two :)
    And ya dad is really funny sometimes :D

    ReplyDelete