Friday, November 4, 2011

What? What the heck!!!

Image source: Wikimedia Commons
People can be so stupid at times. Sometimes, we say or do stupid things, which would make even a donkey laugh out loud. However, there are certain situations where you tend to ignore them. For example, you would just ignore a stupid question from someone when you know that the person is perhaps sad about something, and not in the right state of mind.

But it's really irritating sometimes, when people ask stupid questions, whose answer they already know. The best example for this is when your phone rings, and the other person confirms first that it's actually you who answered. Of course, there are exceptions, but then, at times it's just so obvious that nobody else other than you could possibly answer the phone.

There was a guy, whose name I prefer not to mention. I had this habit of reading newspapers few years back. Whenever he walked into my room, and saw me reading the newspaper, we would go like this:

He: Hey, What are you doing?
Me: Reading newspaper (Obviously)
He: I can see that. Reading what in the newspaper.
Me: So and so article. (Guiding his vision towards that portion of the newspaper)
He: Hmm. What are you reading in that article?
Me: Well, you know, so and so happened. I was just reading that. (Should I read out loud)

What the heck!!! I don't have the habit anymore.

And it happened almost every time he saw me reading either the newspaper, a book or even listening to the radio. I mean, isn't this stupid? I could understand that he wanted to break the ice someway or the other, but didn't he have any another ice-breakers?

Perhaps this: "Oh, you are reading the newspaper! Did you see this article today?"

I would at-least not wonder if he was "BLIND".

There are other stupid questions as well. And the more frequently used one is:


Why do you like Ice cream so much? (Or anything else which I like/love)
It's not that I haven't tried explaining them. For example, a typical response to such a question would probably be something like: "Well, it's cold, it's sweet, and it comes in a variety of flavors".

But then, how do I respond to questions like: 
1. Why do you like cricket?
2. Why do you not like tennis?
3. Why do you have a Citibank credit card?
4. Why are you wearing a black shirt on such a warm day?
5. Wassup?

Ah!!! The last one is one of those, which I answer with a "NOTHING - Nothing at ALL".

6 comments:

  1. Hey...Dude..Wassup? :D :D :D

    saale..tere ko aur koi achha topic nahi milta likhne ke liye....?

    ye purane kabr kyun khod raha hai..waise..I will be very interested to know who the guy was...who tried to 'pick you up'!

    And perhaps you didn't give him your standard response to everything - 'Hmmm!!' :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. U r just an Idiot n I know d guy who is mentioned in d post.....nd I know where is this all coming from, u didn't have to post it here :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Kunal: Are yaar, kya karun, but I wanted to write about that friend.

    @Vidushi: You don't know where it is coming from. I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I desired to thanks for this fantastic go through!! I surely experiencing each and every minor little bit of it I've you bookmarked to check out out new things you post…

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometime such questions come without any much thinking. They just throw the question to start the conversation, but people do not think about the state of other person's mind. Some time we are in good mood then we try to respond with better answer for such stupid questions whereas in the sour mood, we bring out our frustrations on such stupid questions... Koi na take it easy world is full different kind of people. If you expect everyone to be as intelligent as you then it will become monotonous and boring...
    Wont it?

    ReplyDelete